Dear 16 year old Aretha, if there’s ever a time where people can travel through space and time or regenerate, I hope you find my (our) blog and read this.
1. Stop worrying so much about how tall and awkward you are. When you get older, some people are going to think you’re a total babe (and sometimes you don’t even understand why)
2. People are going to misunderstand you and take your kindness for granted often. Be kind anyway.
3. The things you’re most scared about right now don’t even compare to the troubles you’ll face in your 20s. Really.
4. Study harder.
5. Stop being so unsure about everything.
6. Don’t starve yourself to lose weight anymore. Just embrace your double belly and go on occasional health binges.
7. Run away from froggy, shifty boys. You do not, repeat, do not need a boyfriend till… forever. You do not need a boyfriend ever.
8. God. Is. Important. Never forget.
9. Love more. Not just others, but yourself as well. You tend to be less judgemental this way.
10. Don’t sweat the small stuff.